You’re not required to hire a real estate agent in order to buy or sell your home, but there are several advantages to doing so. Unless you consider yourself an expert at the buying or selling process, you’re taking a considerable risk if you handle these types of transactions yourself.
These are some of the most important benefits of hiring a realtor if you’re selling:
- A more accurate listing price. Real estate agents are familiar with the market, as well as local homes for sale or ones that have sold recently. They will take all of this information into consideration when determining the best listing price for your home.
- Valuable services. Real estate agents provide sellers with a long list of services, including increased online exposure, expertise in negotiating and making counter offers, high-quality marketing materials, referrals for home inspectors and contractors and feedback from interested buyers.
- Help selling in a buyer’s market. When you’re attempting to sell a home in a buyer’s market, having a real estate agent at your side can boost your chances of selling your home at a good price.
Here are a few benefits of hiring a realtor if you’re a buyer:
- Early notice about available homes. Real estate agents can give you a heads up about properties that are available before they are publicly listed.
- Valuable information. Real estate agents can provide you with important information that can be hard to come by on your own, such as comprehensive property profiles, MLS sales data, a home’s historical records and annual local facts and trends.
- Negotiating skills. Your agent can come up with a solid offer for the seller and help negotiate a competitive price for the home.
Photo: jannoon028 via Freedigitalphotos.net