The housing market is expected to improve overall in 2015, partly due to an increase in first-time homebuyers. If you’re among this crowd or if you’re planning on moving next year, heading to one of the strongest markets in the U.S. boosts your chances of making a solid real estate investment.
These are the best housing markets for 2015:
- Minneapolis. This Midwestern city offers affordable homes, jobs with high incomes, low unemployment, and strong economic growth. Home sales here are expected to increase by more than nine percent.
- Atlanta. Atlanta’s home sales should be increasing by more than 11 percent in 2015. The city offers affordable home prices, which is one of the factors that is drawing more and more people here. A rise in homeownership is expected to continue for at least the next five years.
- Phoenix. Phoenix is experiencing strong growth in the home construction industry in order to meet demands for more housing. The number of new residential construction projects for next year is expected to rise by 22 percent.
- Washington, DC. Home sales for the DC area are expected to rise by 10 percent next year. DC offers strong job growth and an improving economy, which should help it land in the top five metro areas with new household formations.
- Houston. Houston’s booming job market is bringing more people to this Southern city. Houston has also seen a rise in new home construction, which ensures that there will be plenty of homes to go around. Home sales for the city are expected to increase by more than five percent next year.
Photo via Wikimedia