Making the decision to buy your very first home is a major one that’s bound to make you feel both excited and anxious. There are many things to keep track of when buying a home, but making sure you’re at least a little familiar with the process can make it seem less stressful.
ERA Real Estate offers several resources for the first-time homebuyer. You’ll be able to read more about the home buying process, evaluate your finances, get your paperwork all set and pick up tips on finding the perfect home. You can also find out about closing costs and fees, so you’ll know what to expect. Here’s a bit more information on these valuable resources:
- Home buying process: ERA Real Estate offers a first-time home buyer’s guide to walk you through the process. You’ll understand the three stages of buying a home, which are pre-purchase planning, shopping for a home and closing on a home.
- Financial evaluation: Do you know how much of a home you can afford? ERA Real Estate has several online calculators to help you out, including an affordability calculator, a mortgage payment calculator and a monthly payment calculator.
- Paperwork: You’ll need to gather several documents, including credit card statements, bank statements, pay stubs, income tax returns and car loan records, before applying for a mortgage.
- Home search: ERA Real Estate makes it easy for you to search for local open houses online. You can also find more through your agent. Working with an agent also helps you narrow down your options based on your preferences.
- Closing costs: ERA Real Estate breaks these down to make it easier for you to understand them.
Photo via cooldesign via Freedigitalphotos.net