The way your home looks has a direct impact on how quickly it sells and how much you get for it. Your home should make an outstanding first impression on potential buyers when they drive past. This way, they’ll be more likely to make an appointment to see it.
Here are a few tips on how to maximize your home’s curb appeal and draw interested buyers:
- Depersonalize. Put away family photos and other personal effects first. Although these items can make your home seem more inviting, it’s better to make it easier for the buyer to imagine their possessions inside your home.
- Clean. Make sure every area inside your home is spotless, and fix up the outside. Power wash the exterior, and repaint it if necessary. You can show off the results of your hard work by keeping the lights on and opening the curtains when buyers come over.
- Repaint. Give the rooms in your home a makeover by applying fresh paint. Don’t go with colors that are too bold or hard to match, though.
- Repair. Have broken items, such as a faulty faucet, fixed or replaced before buyers come over.
- Landscape. Take good care of your yard, since this area helps create that crucial first impression. In order to maximize your home’s curb appeal, make sure the lawn is mowed, pull up weeds, trim hedges and plant fresh flowers.
Photo via Houzz