Having a pool isn’t automatically a guarantee that your home value will go up. Some buyers worry about safety and maintenance issues, while others won’t get a lot of use out of it. Fortunately, you can make your pool much more appealing by giving it an upgrade.
Consider the following upscale pool upgrades before putting your house up for sale:
- Create a Zen-inspired look. Install concrete slabs in such a way that they appear to be floating, and paint one or more of the walls around the pool in a soothing green tone.
- Go for a more natural shape. Give your pool curves instead of a streamlined circular or rectangular shape to make it seem more pond-like. Also consider putting in additional curves, such as a fire pit or grotto. The curviness gives your pool a softer and more relaxing look.
- Add amenities. Have a swim-up bar installed on one side of the pool, and put built-in stools in the water in front of it. You can also hang up a hammock near the pool for a place to relax and dry off on.
- Blend the interior and exterior. Install a glass-wall system along the side of the pool that faces your home. This wall helps blur the boundary between the outside and inside of your home, which lets you enjoy beautiful views of your pool at all times.
- Keep it simple. Pool upgrades don’t have to be complicated. Paint the edges of your pool white, and choose white poolside furniture and decor items to go around it. White keeps the area looking fresh and elegant.
Photo via Houzz