Sprucing up your kitchen is an effective way to add considerable value to your home. In fact, the kitchen is one of the biggest selling points for buyers. You don’t have to redo your entire kitchen to accomplish this. Investing in new countertops can give your home’s value a big boost.
Here are five of the best kitchen countertop materials to consider:
- Glass: If you can afford a more expensive countertop material, glass is a great option. Glass gives your kitchen a sleek appearance, and it’s very easy to maintain. It’s simple to clean, and it resists stains.
- Tile: Tile countertops are a more affordable option that’s also easy to care for. You can add a bright burst of color with tile or an eye-catching design, and use the same tiles as your backsplash.
- Travertine: Travertine is one of the most visually appealing kitchen countertop materials. It instantly makes kitchen feel more cozy and inviting. The only downside to this material is that it requires a lot of maintenance in order to avoid stains and other blemishes. If you go with travertine countertops, make sure they’re sealed.
- Wood: Wood countertops add considerable warmth to kitchens. You can choose a more decorative look for a kitchen island, and go with more functional wood choices for regular countertops that are used for preparing food. Wood resists heat and can be sealed for a more sanitary surface.
- Concrete: Concrete countertops are very versatile and energy-efficient. They’re available in a variety of textures and stains, and you can combine them with other materials, like tile or glass, to create a unique appearance.
Photo: Carl Mayfield via Houzz